Yummy Sunday # 11 Pinakbet

One morning sister Merlyn brought a big squash from school.

Today I called my sister if we could have dinner at their house and so her husband would be the one to cook a pinakbet. She said yes, so late in the afternoon, I prepare the kids so we can go to their house for dinner; I brought half ย out of the big squash with me.

The kids donโ€™t like the vegetable but I told them that once they will eat the veggies, they can have a glass of ice cream. So they tried so hard to finish what’s in their plate. They did a good job though because they finished their dinner without any trace in their plate. So the reward is a glass of ice cream each for Mj and Yanyan and so as Faith.

[ Tagged In ] , ,

9 Responses to “Yummy Sunday # 11 Pinakbet”

1. I think I will be cooking Pinakbet. I am sure that pinakbet really yummy. Visiting from YS.

2. giay says:

That was one great big squash. Squash is my favorite veggie and I am now teaching my little boy to like it as well.
    Visiting from YS!

3. Iska says:

Good kids… well done! My boy would eat the squash and long beans but not okra and ampalaya ๐Ÿ™‚

4. I cook my pinakbet without the okra and ampalaya, too. Nobody eats those veggies here, anyway. ๐Ÿ™‚

5. I love pinakbet Momi Anne, this looks very delish, gigutom na noon ko ug tan-aw, pass sa ko anang ice cream ๐Ÿ™‚ Visiting late from Yummy Sunday, hope that you can return a yummy visit too.

6. Leah H. says:

Miss it so badly:( I like pakbet!

Visiting for YS- hope you can stop by:)

7. Cookie says:

i just ate pinakbet this evening for dinner ๐Ÿ˜€ was here for YS. sorry for my very delayed visit

8. cheerful says:

wow, that’s a huge pumpkin and i miss having pinakbet…but we love having pumpkin with coconut milk. visiting late from last week’s YS, hope to see you around. thanks and have a great weekend. ๐Ÿ™‚

9. amiable amy says:

Thanks for the comment Anne , im returning your visit ๐Ÿ™‚ this really looks delicious …oyy, i miss pinakbet … been a long while ๐Ÿ™