Filled Our Tummy And Our Spirit As Well

Last Sunday, I invited my husband to come with us to hear mass. We supposed to attend by the nearest church but I know we are half the time late already so I drove the whole family to San Pedro Church. We sat near the door so my husband won’t feel much humid since there is air coming in and out in the door. If my husband could understand more of the homily of the priest, he might have enjoyed more the mass but that was okay though, I tried to translate what the priest said during the homily.

Right after church we went to SM right away, I could have choose the Abreeza or SM Lanang but I have an appointment there with a friend to pay her partially with the necklace I loaned from her. While waiting we went to Shakeys to have our late lunch. My husband does not want to spend more so we just ordered Mojo Chicken and Pizza. Even though it was just a simple lunch, everyone enjoyed, the food is only a bonus, what’s complete our day is that we were able to attend mass with the whole family. We did not only fill in our tummy but we also filled our spirit with good words from Jesus, it is indeed a healthful Monday for all of us.

photo 1511103_10202424450468685_2091966654_n_zps00da1940.jpg

[ Tagged In ] , ,

15 Responses to “Filled Our Tummy And Our Spirit As Well”

1. Really it’s nice to know this article, because the spirit too – as what I’ve learned during my high school days – needs food too.

2. Ria C says:

It’s nice of your hubby to tag along inspite of the non-English mass. It’s is good to have your partner supporting you in your activities.

3. Ethel says:

I like pizza and mojo potatoes too! OMG! Throw in some gravy and hot sauce and I’ll be your best friend. 😀

4. Indeed. Our bodies shouldn’t be the only things to nourish but also our spirit. So nice of your husband to come with you. 🙂

5. Travel Quest says:

I always admire foreigner who open arm accept and respect our tradition. I do believe the family that prays together stays together.

6. juliana says:

I couldn’t agree more with your thoughts. Having a supportive husband through and through is a big deal. Activities like this one is a good way to bond too. 🙂

7. jane says:

nice! my husband and I never been to a church yet together haha for some beliefs haha lucky you! the family looks awesome and happy!

8. Nova S says:

that’s so nice to hear that family that prays together stays together. such a lovely family you have there.

9. It’s great that you guys are spending altogether even in hearing a mass.

10. Ellen Bernardino says:

It’s good that you were able to squeeze in your plans and obligations on a family day.

11. kulasa says:

Nothing truly beats praying and eating with family! The best things in life are free. May your family be always blessed 🙂

12. Awww! Glad that your husband is their in the Philippines Mommy 🙂 It means family time with lots of fun and of course eating as well 🙂

13. papaleng says:

I can relate with your hubby’s predicament. Even I , as a preacher have difficulty having a ‘straight English’ sermon.. Amen for feeding your body and soul with needed foods.

14. Marie says:

Aww. That is sweet! A nice family bonding! 🙂

15. Bjorn says:

I miss Sundays where my family goes to certain places to dine.

Busy life and work can bring you to isolation with the rest of the family members.