One of the most-utilized area of a home is the kitchen. It’s where food storage, preparation and cleanup happens and most worked parts of the kitchen are the appliances. Without a solid working line-up, cooking will be a hard task for any homemaker.
Shopping for kitchen appliances is very much like shopping for any pieces for the home. It’s imperative to compare and look at several key features, warranty information, maintenance and pricing. Making informed decisions help save you money and precious time in the long run.
When choosing kitchen appliances, here are some important things you need to consider:
- Consider your free space. This will greatly affect the size of kitchen appliances you will be buying – and will also factor in future purchases. Map out your kitchen and designate areas where appliances should be.
- Choose energy efficient appliances. Appliances labelled with energy stars in stores have better energy saving options and are highly efficient. Money is sure to be saved in terms of electricity over time – you will certainly appreciate the low-cost of usage it brings. It might cost more upfront but will definitely save you more money over time.
- Read the fine print on warranty. Warranty information vary per manufacturer so be sure to read the fine print. As a rule of thumb, it is better to ask for extended warranty options.
- Research on the manufacturer’s customer service delivery. Kitchen appliances experience a lot of wear and tear and there will be instances when you might need to send it in for repair or replacement of parts. Look into the after sales delivery of the manufacturer of your appliances and see if they have top-notch customer service delivery and an efficient repair and replacement system. Check if replacement parts are easy to source out and doesn’t cost an arm and a leg to acquire.
- Choose color options that complement your kitchen design and theme. This might sound such a useless tip but matching colors for your appliances are pleasing to the eyes and can motivate you to work better in the kitchen. Consider something standard as a color such as stainless teel, black or white if you are purchasing appliances one by one.
Do your research. There are plenty of kitchen appliance credit catalogs that will allow you to choose from a plethora of options that already state the size, energy efficiency, available colors and warranty information. An advantage of ordering through catalogs is companies have presented them in a way that lets you see how they would look like the kitchen so you are saved the task of sizing everything. It also allows you secure online payment options that often come with free delivery and set up already. Delivery schedules are most often fast and reliable. Convenience is certainly an added bonus. Perhaps the biggest advantage for ordering through catalogs is the payment options and terms you can avail of. Whether you want it spread across three, six or twelve months with fixed interest, you can easily specify online. This will allow you to stretch out your budget to accommodate more quality appliances for your kitchen.